Friday 8 July 2011

Pulling Away...


And I turn, and start walking away,
Endless thoughts, racing in my mind,
My heart, swelling up with emotion,
Eyes, brimming with tears.

I keep walking, not knowing where I’m headed,
Lightening, ripping the sky apart.
Thunder, roaring.
Rain, pouring.

I stop, and look back,
You’re gone too...
I stand there, under the rain,
Feeling the coolness of the droplets.
Hoping, that the rain will wash away, the pain, the agony, and everything that has happened.
That the wind, will take me away with it.

Away, to a place where there can be a new beginning,
To a place where the wounds will heal,
And the scars will fade…


Somewhere along that street, you’ve stopped as well.
You too, are standing under the rain.
Wondering what went wrong…
Wondering when things started to fall apart,
And why you weren’t there to fix them.

After all, you’ve always been able to fix everything.

You stand there, under the rain,
Your tears, mixing with the droplets on your cheeks.
You stand there, under the rain,
Your mind, seems to recollect only the moments we spent together…


How long can we march on a parallel set of lines,
Before we miss the chance of intersecting each other’s life at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment