Wednesday 14 December 2011

A Smile Is Contagious. Let A Thousand Smiles Bloom. :)



So I was on my terrace the other day, it was unbelievably cold but being up there with no one but the skies to talk to and the breeze to listen to somehow made it bearable.
I didn’t know why exactly I had gone up there; usually I do have some kind of reason. At times there is none but there’s always a sense of acceptance that’s there. So I guess, I just felt like being there.
And it was nice too. With music.
Music, not so loud that it disrupts the chain of thought but not so soft hat one has to make an effort to try and listen to it. Just enough so that it fades into the background and almost complements your thought process…

As I’m getting up to leave, I hear,


“And I could write a song,
A hundred miles long,
Well that’s where I belong,
And you belong with me.
And I could write it down,
Or spread it all around,
Get lost and then get found,
Or swallowed in the sea.”


Get lost and then get found. Or swallowed in the sea.

Even though, I’d heard this song a million times before, I hadn't ever thought about these lines. Maybe because I didn’t feel the need or rather urge to sort out myself; To sort of “reboot”.
But I did realize that everyone faces problems. How you deal with them is what matters.

You can let it define you or you can just hang in there, and smile.

Smiling doesn’t always mean that you’re happy. Sometimes it just means that you’re strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment